Favorite Quotes

  • It's Never Too Late To Be Who You Might Have Been - George Eliot

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Peacock at Middleton Place

I decided to go to Summerville, SC with Richard when he had business there. It was a wonderful trip and I so enjoyed it. While we were there, we went to Middleton Place. It is a plantation that dates back to the 1700s. The grounds are beautiful as were the creatures who live there. I discovered this peacock in one of the trees by the stables and took a few pictures of him in it.

He seemed to enjoy my taking his picture and flew down and followed me around the side of the stables. Guinea hens piqued his interest and he tried to get their attention by displaying for them so I took advantage of his vanity and got some more photos of his beautiful plumage.He totally ignored me as I moved around him while he showed off his magnificent feathers. The hens were not impressed, but their indifference seemed to make him try all the harder to get their attention and he began to stomp and dance back and forth while shaking his tail feathers, causing them to make loud clicking sounds. Here's a behind the scenes look at his act!

1 comment:

tascha said...

Peacocks are so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pics!